The XBMC Foundation
Donations are used solely for purchasing hardware to improve and extend Kodi, travel for conferences, and administrative costs and fees. We ask that if you find the program useful and would like to support our efforts, please consider donating what you think the program is worth via a wire transfer.
Wire transfer or credit transfer is a method of electronic funds transfer from one person or institution (entity) to another. A wire transfer can be made from one bank account to another bank account or through a transfer of cash at a cash office.
As of this moment wire transfer donations are only available for European users who are living in so called SEPA countries (see list at the bottom). The reason for this are possible high transfer costs when you are not part of these countries. When you are living in a SEPA country, wire transfer costs are, in most cases free of charge. Be sure to check the possible costs at the website of your own bank, before doing a donation transfer.
Every one who donates €40+ may be recognized as an official XBMC Foundation donor in the forums. Please enter “XBMC Foundation donation” in the first line of the payment description. In the second, provide your exact forum user name, so that you may be identified. Should you wish to stay anonymous, don’t provide a user name.
Procedure SEPA countries
The procedure is as simple as doing normal transfer or payments using your own internet banking or normal wire transfers within SEPA countries. You have to provide the following information for a successful donation:
- * Name/Beneficiary: XBMC Foundation
- * IBAN account number: NL39 INGB 0006 6296 56
- * BIC (optional): INGBNL2A
- * Cash amount: € …… (enter the amount you wish to donate)
- * Payment description: XBMC Foundation donation + username: <enter your username here>
- * Frequency: By default this is a one time donation. Only change this if you want to make recurring ones. Cancellation of this can only be done by you, using the means provided by your bank.
Recurring Donations are intentionally smaller amounts that can be counted toward XBMC Foundation Donor+ status. Recurring wire transfer procedure depends on your bank. Once you’ve donated €40 or more, send us an email with the receipts.
List of SEPA countries
* including French Guyana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, and Réunion
** including Azores and Madeira
*** including Canary Islands, Ceuta en Melilla
**** including Gibraltar and Northern Ireland