It’s that time again. After an extremely productive DevCon where we hammered out some nasty bugs, we’re proud to announce Dharma Release Candidate 1.
Major fixes since Beta4:
- A fix for a problem when pausing/seeking. This was known to cause static or erratic behavior on some amplifiers.
- Beta4 introduced a regression with Linux and Live users that led to broken or choppy playback. Please note that anyone upgrading to RC1 on these platforms is highly advised to remove ~/.asoundrc, and create a new one if you had done so previously.
- The Bootable LiveCD script is now much more reliable. What a great way to install to a flash drive!
And a few new features:
- After adding a source, you are now prompted to set content. This should be much more logical for new users.
- New icons for the addon browser.
We are nearing release… Download RC1 now and keep the good reports coming. Let’s get Final out the door!