XBMC 13.2 Gotham – beta 1

Posted By: Martijn on Jul 14, 2014 in Site News
13.2-Gotham-beta

Update: Our download page now contains a Gotham 13.2 beta 2 release. List of fixes has been updated.

About a month ago we released our 13.1 version which included several bug fixes compared to the 13.0 release. Because of the fact that not all fixes could be included in that point release, we now are happy to announce a 13.2 beta1 version. This includes an additional list of fixes, that should resolve some of the common problems reported by users. Unfortunately we cannot fix all things reported. Hopefully you will understand. Below you will find a list of most important fixes included in this release.

Do note that this release contain only fixes and no new features. So it should be safe to install on top of current 13.0 and 13.1 release. In due time we will of course release a 13.2 stable version after we are confident there are no regressions compared to 13.1 stable. Please read the important notice at the bottom as well. Should you find any problems, you can find how to report these at the bottom of this announcement.

Fixes

Fixes done in 13.2 beta 2

• * Fix labelcontrols with autowidth set were always marked as dirty (re-render)
  • * Update included PVR add-on
  • * Set “remote as keyboard” default to true for Android
  • * Fix FTP TLS not working
  • * Fix some disappearing characters on Mac OSX

Fixes done in previous 13.2 beta 1 which are also included

• * Fix onplaybackstarted event for external players
  • * Don’t show OSD menu DVD menu with mouse/touch
  • * GetText and delete sound option for add-on developers
  • * Fix wrong sample-rate selection on OSX
  • * Fix optical usb devices with > 2 channels on OSX
  • * Fix firewall popups in OSX on start-up
  • * Make the fake full-screen option only visible when running OSX snowleopard
  • * Fix overlapping subtitles
  • * Fix accented letters. Example: “VARIéS” rather than “VARIÉS”
  • * Prompt for master pin in case the add-on manager is locked
  • * Update GUI translations
  • * Update included add-ons
  • * Fixed several bugs and memory leaks

Important notice

Linux users Ubuntu 12.10 and 13.10 have been deprecated by canonical/ubuntu. This means there will be no more XBMC builds available for those version. You will have to upgrade you Ubuntu to a newer version to receive XBMC updates again.

Backup your data Before upgrading we would recommend you create a backup of your current userdata folder which contains all your current settings and database files. In the unlikely case that something went wrong during your upgrade, a backup will ensure that you are still able to go back to the previous state. Where the userdata folder is located on your system can be found on our userdata wiki page. Do note that when first upgrading from Frodo 12.x it may take some time until you see the familiar homescreen as several internal upgrades need to be performed.

Add-ons As mentioned in previous blog posts, due to changes related to our add-on system and skin improvement, certain plugins, scripts and skins may become incompatible when upgrading from Frodo to Gotham. Sadly this is part of the continuing process of development and improvement. We hope the impact of these changes will be limited but we feel a warning would be beneficial. If there are any addons you particularly depend on, we advise that you visit the forum thread of that addon to see if the author has ensured support in XBMC 13.

Installing on OSX As XBMC is an unsigned application on OSX, you may need to go through a slightly different process to start it the first time. After you have copied XBMC to the Applications folder, you will need to “right click” or “two finger click” XBMC from within the Applications folder and select “Open” and then accept the warning. You should only need to do this the first time you run XBMC.

Code base Since we have branched the XBMC core code for Gotham off from our main development master branch on Github it is important that you also build from the correct Github branch: http://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/tree/Gotham

Conclusion

For the downloads go to:

How to Contribute

If you use these builds, we encourage you to submit bugs in Trac with sufficient information (following this guide: How to submit a bug report), provide support in our Forums where you can, or donate to the Foundation if you like. For a current FAQ on XBMC 13, visit our Gotham FAQ.

Discussion - 58 Comments

• xy Jul 14, 2014

Awesome, but shouldnt you guys take a long deserved vacation ? Exchange monitorlight for sunlight =P

• Martijn Jul 14, 2014

I just came back from 3 week safari through southern Africa ;) I’m sure the others will also do their vacations in time.

• Werner Jul 15, 2014

I hope you made a turn here in Cape Town :)

• Ramiro Jul 22, 2014

Safari?
        I thought XBMC team was an eco friendly team!
        And, I prefer Opera btw.

• Yigal Jul 14, 2014

Hi ,
    In frodo i could connect to an ftp server and play files that the file name was in languages other than english .
    In gotham it stopped , if you could address this issue in any future fix it will be great,
    Any how your effort is well appreciated.

• Miguel Ribeiro Jul 14, 2014

Very nice!
    Thanks again!

• Jay Jul 14, 2014

Is this going to fix the a lot of crashing?

• Martijn Jul 14, 2014

Absolutely

• Martin Jul 14, 2014

Wow. Great news. The ATV2 HD crashing issues, too?

• Jaap Jul 14, 2014

On my system (Win32), after the upgrade something seems amiss with my database:

All movie entries are double.
    And when selecting Recent TV Episodes, the added date seems to be gone, and it’s sorted by episode name, and no way to sort it by added on date anymore cause it’s not there anymore.

• Jaap Jul 14, 2014

Never mind, something else seems amiss, nothing to do with this build, just a cooincidence of installing this version in combination with someting else

• Will Jul 15, 2014

Will you all be adding back the “Queued Items” option to the right click menu. The only way I have found to get to your queued items since Gotham released is to hit the space bar. Otherwise, great work!!

• remus Jul 15, 2014

Hello, can you fix this issue:
    Incorrect resizing after hiding osd menu bar, and after it, if you want bar to appear again, after it does, if you wish to play any buttons, you have to place mouse cursor on top of the button, instead of on it, as it should.

• Market2014 Jul 15, 2014

Nice, but the sound and screen out of step! Android ARM Ver.

• sanjay Jul 15, 2014

In using 13.2 for the first time today I kept experiencing buffering issues that I never previously had. I tried different video add ons and sources. I used the maintenance tool to clear cache and save cache to the hard drive. These did not solve the problem. Anyone else experiencing this? Is it possible to revert back to 13.1? I’m running on Windows 7. My network speeds are fine so I know that is not the issue.

• cbully Jul 19, 2014

same here and it sucks… gotham is not going to well for me and I have a powerhouse pc setup and internet speed

• digitalandrei Aug 26, 2014

Been having the same issues after upgrading to 13.2.

• gareth Jul 15, 2014

Hi guys will this fix the ATV2 rebooting issues ?? i so hope it does .

Ps keep up the good work

• taki Jul 15, 2014

( XBMC android pvr live tv )dont play mpeg4 h264 1080p transponder stream and m3u. otherhand need to be improve mpeg2 interlace and hw decoding

• Carlos Jul 15, 2014

Great job, guys!
    I use XBMC both in my Mac as well in my Windows media center PC.
    I wish it were available on the Apple App Market and that it could be used in my ATV3.
    Would gladly purchase this great app if required.
    Carlos

• GILBERT Jul 15, 2014

i can`t enjoy my box from tophat,is buffering all the time.help

• Sling Jul 16, 2014

Thanks for the great commitment.
    Unfortunately this version has new problems
    movies are started but picture remains then stand still.
    13.1 back posted this does not have this problem. Mac mini 2012 with mevericks.

• Alazabe Jul 16, 2014

Hi
    There is a problem with subtitle service and scarper with dvd and bluray folder
    With the subtitle service when searching for subtitle it serach for video_ts rather then movie name
    And in the scarper when add the movie it add more movies
    Example i add (delivery man) the scarper add delivery man and 10 or 15 movies (like jet stream or the stream )
    So what i did wrong and who to fix it
    Thanks a lot

• Soso Jul 16, 2014

Hi,
    On XBMC v12 I was able to offset the sound and that setting was persisted.
    Not in v13 anymore.
    Everytime I open a movie I have to re-offset the sound (my offset is 275ms).
    It is mandatory to have sound and video in sync.
    I am using Android version on a Minix Neo X7 set-top box
    Any idea when this will be fixed in v13?

• joenmt Jul 16, 2014

Great Job!… Finally works flawlessly on my system. Keep up the good work

• pr0xZen Jul 16, 2014

This is not the XBC forum guys – no real point in posting support requests here. Please post in the relevant Forum section if you want help with things.

WTG on Gotham 13.2! :)

• Nug Jul 17, 2014

Excellent work guys!

I hope it fixes the screensaver memory leak. After the screensaver slideshow comes on that are pointing at a large photo folder everything slows down quickly and only a restart fixes it.

• fritsch Jul 19, 2014

Should be fixed via: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4891

Would be nice if you report back in the forums if it is really working

• Nug Jul 26, 2014

I downloaded the beta2, not sure if fix was part of it but still causes my win7 to hang after a while when screen saver was on for a bit. Also a bit weird that the screensaver goes on when I am working on other applications with xbmc in background

• alma Jul 20, 2014

the Frodo was the latest stable version, it’s sad.

• judah rogan Jul 20, 2014

i don’t know :-)

• hacky4real® Jul 20, 2014

Lovely piece of software. The only problem I have is the luck of options to totally disable popups screen for subtitles on start of playback…..even if subtitles add ons are disabled.

Many thanks

• Jason Jul 22, 2014

Why the problem of freezing is not solved? I have to disable the HW accel and enable the SW accel. But still sometimes the movie will jitter. Not all of the movies but most of them.

• rolchris Jul 22, 2014

please add https proxy parameter in the next version

• Mercy Jul 23, 2014

I recently downloaded this new version but for some reason it has no volume. I see the volume icon as muted but my cp is on loud.
    Can someone help?

• BT Jul 26, 2014

Happened to me once. Press the “+” key.

• Joe D Jul 23, 2014

With the absence of “mark watched/unwatched” in context menu(while on folder/directory) The only option is hitting “W” on folder, but that only marks all contents as “watched”. It does not toggle watched/unwatched as it does with single file. How can we mark entire folder/directory as “unwatched”?

• Oby Jul 23, 2014

Gotham rocks here, in any form… I followed it from early stage till 13.2beta1 and so many things were improved. I installed it and used it on 3-4 machines and appart from some problems using some “alpha” versions it simply worked. I just want to say again this is amazing piece of software, and i am always bit sad about strange comments like: Why the problem of freezing is not solved or, Frodo was the latest stable version, it’s sad, or Unfortunately this version has new problems. Al those sentences are absolute judgements. Please people, at least say: a) I have this problem b) FOR ME it was so and so…. Such Comments, this is bad, and it is sad, are for sure something which you can try at Support Hotline on some Commercial Product, and as you maybe know you will seldom get magic solution, if any.
    There are Forums, with guidelines, and many many people willing to help and squash some new bugs, or introduce new features after consideration of how much spare time they have… It seems that old Truth: “People do not respect Things the haven’t paid for” seems to me to be still valid. Once more, i think that i am very happy person that for FREE i get such amazing and vivid and mighty program. Thanks!

• Guzeppi Jul 24, 2014

+ 1000

• Aussie1 Aug 01, 2014

+1 Billion. Any problems, just search and, pretty soon you will find the answer.
      Absolutely brilliant piece of software. I’ve been using XBMC since Xbox 1 and it blows me away every night. Has totally transformed my family’s viewing habits.

Best of all it, it’s wife friendly ;)

• rmdg Jul 24, 2014

Please fix XBMC Subtitles, it does not work properly in any 13.x for me at least.

I add my usual subtitles addons (opensubtitles and legendasdivx) and when doing the search, it only displays English subtitles to download on opensubtitles and I need other language ofc. The other addon, does not display subtitles at all.

How can I setup the languages to search what I need on gotham.
    I’ve tried on XBMC 13.x on linux,windows and android, all have the same problem to me.

On XBMC 12.x (Frodo) this works great, and with all the languages that I setup to test it just work.

What i’m missing? Thanks

XBMC Subtitles @ xbmc 13.x (Gotham) is bad config from me or bug?

• Martijn Jul 24, 2014

bad configuration on your end

• Rcsimoes Sep 13, 2014

I am with you on this. Please tell if you have fixed ir.

• Redburn237 Jul 24, 2014

+10,000
    I agree with Oby & Guzeppi….Gotham Rocks!! & XBMC staff is the best…..if it ain’t working right for you then try another version, config or best yet, try another platform.

• David Jul 25, 2014

Is the missing menu text issue going to be solved? Please don’t tell me it’s a NVidia or ATI driver issue because all my other apps don’t have any problems displaying text.

I haven’t been able to use XBMC since Gotham was installed.

• Martijn Jul 26, 2014

driver issue

• David Jul 27, 2014

Obviously not a driver issue.

Bad programming issue.

• ixnu Jul 28, 2014

Thanks for your diagnosis, but you left out some details.

Where exactly is the programming issue?

A pull request would be even better…

• David Aug 03, 2014

The complete and utter lack of text on the screen and menus.

Considering this is affecting three different pieces of hardware and each one is using a different NVidia video driver (additionally, I’ve seen people complain that this happens with ATI drivers and on both Linux and Windows) leads me to conclude the people who wrote the interface do not know how to write text to the screen.

You can’t tell me it’s a “driver issue” when it affects multiple drivers, multiple hardware and multiple operating systems.

Additionally, all my other applications write text to the screen just fine.

Everything was fine with XMBC 12.x – it was only when I moved to Gotham did I start having these issue. I haven’t been able to XBMC since it version 13 was pushed to the Packman repositories.

Ergo – bad programming from the XMBC development team.

• Mario Jul 25, 2014

quisiera instalar esta aplicacion en un televisor LG 42 inch CINEMA 3D Smart TV LA6200, estara alguna aplicacion disponible??? Gracias! ////

would like to install this application on a 42 inch TV LG CINEMA 3D Smart TV LA6200, any application will be available?? Thank you! / / / /

• MaRINoL Jul 29, 2014

It’s time to call it quits on the Apple TV. It simply is no longer useable with XBMC in many respects.

• Memphiz Jul 30, 2014

Will you take the blame once i do a pull requests which removes ATV2 support from XBMC? If so – and if you give me your contact e-mail address (so that i can redirect any user who might think different) – then i am more then happy to pull the trigger for this. (seriously!)

• fritsch Jul 31, 2014

@Memphiz: Add it to the CrystalHD Removal PR

• Albert Jul 30, 2014

Slow performance after sleeping. Any fix? (Windows 7)
    Cheers

• GnF Aug 03, 2014

There is no fix about this man for the last 2 or 3 years. Some solutions include automatic restart of xbmc everytime your oc comes back from sleep.

• darren Aug 16, 2014

Hi guys

tried Gotham 13.2 earlier today and had big problems when trying to fast forward during either a tv series of movie. Only found one source that would let me fast forward the others did not allow it.

• d Sep 22, 2014

tried installin prog can manage to open it up after install altho never saves to desktop even thought ive sent it there when given option when when adding soucrces (fusion) get to next option but says cant respond directionary then when log out can no longer find it only gives me option in my downloads to install it any1 had this set of problems

• Sierra Oct 05, 2014

Hello, I have Gotham 13.2 and every time I try and watch something, it doesn’t work. I have tried multiple tv shows and movies and none have worked. please help.!