Weekly report 8
- Understood how OMAP Overlay works and how it should be done, thanks to måns awesome application omapfbplay.
- Implemented a VideoRenderer in XBMC which transforms from yuv420p to yuv422p via swscale. I might use the neon optimized from Måns at a later stage but for now I isolate the unknowns to only be OMAP Overlay.
- Refit the overlay code from omapfbplay to fit into the video renderer I created, it starts the overlay but locks up somewhere.
- Fix the remaining issues and actually get video displayed using OMAP Overlay
- Make the overlay scale and position correctly in the GUI and with respect of the window underneath.
- Try to get SGX to render to the topmost frame buffer to get the OSD over the overlay. Not sure how this should be done code wise though, I guess open a new EGL Context or Surface is needed?
- Get rid of the unneeded memcpy’s (might be out of scope since its not problematic for 480p)
Won’t get SGX to render over the overlay.
While dvdplayer takes little resources it does do some unnecessary memcpy’s which might take away the possibility of 720p, and getting rid of those memcpy’s will require refactoring a large portion of the rendering of video.