Bug-fix Release: 10.1
While we are moving quickly to get new features into 11.0, the time has come for a maintenance release for Dharma. We recommend that all users update to 10.1 as soon as possible to increase stability.
The main focus of this release is to address a bug that could cause XBMC to freeze when updating a skin. We have held back skin updates from the main repository because of this, but now that it is fixed, they will begin rolling out in a few weeks.
This is intended as a bug-fix release only, no new features have been introduced. Notable fixes include:
- If an in-use skin was updated in Windows, XBMC would freeze
- Some RTMP streams in Windows did not play
- Included add-ons have been updated
- The correct referrer is now used for downloading add-ons, improving dependency statistics
- Crashes during playback on ATI hardware in some circumstances have been fixed
- Hardware decoding improvements for OSX
- Various small fixes
In addition, XBMC Live has been updated with the most recent packages, one of which includes a fix for the annoying SMB+Windows Live Essentials bug.
Those interested may check out the full changelog.
Windows and OSX users should download and install as usual, all user data will be kept intact.
Ubuntu and XBMC Live users can use ‘apt-get update && apt-get install xbmc’ to update.