How Are Donations Used?
Donations are used solely for purchasing hardware to improve and extend the goals of the Kodi Foundation, travel for conferences, and administrative costs and fees. We ask that if you find the software useful and would like to support our efforts, please consider donating what you think the software is worth.
Direct Donation Options
- Credit Card: You can do a one-time or recurring donation via credit card. We use Stripe for processing credit cards.
- PayPal: You can donate from your PayPal account for both one-time and recurring donations.
- Patreon: You can support us on Patreon, a crowdfunding membership platform that provides tools for creators to run a subscription content service.
- Liberapay: You can support us on Liberpay, a non-profit organization providing a platform to donate money to teams, organizations and individuals.
- Cryptocurrency: You can donate via Every.org.
If you don't want to give directly to us, you can still support us in other ways.
- Purchasing Kodi gear helps just as much as a donation, and you get something in return! Check out our store for Kodi branded gear. We are regularly adding new products so check back often.
Grab some merch
Everyone who donates 50 USD (or 40 EUR) or more may be recognized as an official Kodi Foundation donor in the forums. We also have a wall of our most recent donors. Donations via Credit Card and PayPal automatically show up on our donor wall within a day. Other donations we have to do manually, so it may take longer for those to show up.
Recognition for Recurring Donations
Recurring Donations are intentionally smaller amounts that can be counted toward Kodi Foundation Donor+ status. They automatically renew every month unless you cancel your subscription. We are currently using Patreon for automatic recurring subscriptions, but if you do smaller donations throughout the year via some other means, once you get to $50, please send us the receipts so you can be recognized.
Has Kodi improved your business? You can give back to the project by becoming a diamond or gold sponsor.