Kore - The new official Android remote
We are happy to announce that once again we have a fully working Android remote. As you may had noticed, our previous Android remote wasn’t updated for a while and as such didn’t work any more due to code changes we’ve done over time. One of our team members who developed it back then, simply lacked the time to bring up to par again nor didn’t any one else within the team.
Some months ago a developer Synced Synapse started working on a new Android remote that was more of these days. We all liked the simplicity, the design, and the fact that is was fully open source. As such we asked him if he was willing to make the remote he made the official Kodi remote and be part of our team. And here we are, an all brand new and working Android remote that will help you control all your Kodi installs throughout your home. More features will be added in the future.
**Kore™ (Android)** [!(https://developer.android.com/images/brand/en_generic_rgb_wo_45.webp)](https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.xbmc.kore) [![org.xbmc.kore](/images/blog/org.xbmc_.kore_.webp)](https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.xbmc.kore) **Requirements**
- Android 4.0.3
- Phone or a tablet
With Kore you can
- – Control your media center with an easy to use remote;
- – Including several colour themes;
- – See what’s currently playing, including relevant information
(movies, TV shows, music, pictures and add-ons);
- – Change, sync or download subtitles;
- – Switch to the desired audio streams;
- – All the usual playback and volume controls at your disposal;
- – Toggle back and forth between windows or full screen playback in Kodi
- – Add, check and manage the current playlist;
- – View what is in your media library with details about your movies, TV shows, music and add-ons;
- – Direct link to relevant IMDb website for extensive information;
- – Library maintenance like clean and update;
- – Wake-on-LAN and other power control actions that the selected device supports;
- – Send YouTube videos to your currently selected media center;
- – Send text to the instead of using the keyboard in Kodi
Currently not added yet
- – Browsing smartplaylists
- – PVR controls
These features will be added in future versions
- – Kodi 14.x “Helix” and 15.x “Isengard”;
- – XBMC 12.x “Frodo” and 13.x Gotham;
Current supported interface languages
- – Bulgarian
- – Dutch
- – French
- – German
- – Italian
- – Portuguese
- – Portuguese (Brazil)
- – Spanish
More languages will follow in future releases
License and development
Kore is fully Open-Source and released under the Apache License 2.0
Should you wish to help on future development you can do so by visiting https://github.com/xbmc/Kore for code contributions.
Need help or have any problems?
Please visit our forum at https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=129
As of this moment, it is available from Play Store for you to install. As time passes and new features and languages are added, you will automatically received updates once you have it installed. For further support you can visit our dedicated forum.
Here are some screenshots showing it in action on a normal Android phone.
[![Kore - Official Android remote](/images/blog/Kore_01-187x300.webp)](/images/blog/Kore_01.webp) [![Kore - Official Android remote](/images/blog/Kore_02-180x300.webp)](/images/blog/Kore_02.webp) [![Kore - Official Android remote](/images/blog/Kore_03-180x300.webp)](/images/blog/Kore_03.webp) [![Kore - Official Android remote](/images/blog/Kore_04-180x300.webp)](/images/blog/Kore_04.webp) [![Kore - Official Android remote](/images/blog/Kore_05-180x300.webp)](/images/blog/Kore_05.webp) [![Kore - Official Android remote](/images/blog/Kore_06-180x300.webp)](/images/blog/Kore_06.webp)