Due to the recent surge of downloads I see the need to reveal some details of the next release that will come out in June:
- XBMC will be upgradeable via the official XBMC PPAs!
- it will automount all local hard disk partition
- it will support writing to NTFS via NTFS-3G
- it will include a boot menu allowing to choose the GPU type among the supported ones – no need to rename files on the USB disk
- it will include sshd by default to ease debugging and updates.
- it will support removable media auto-mounting via XBMC build-in capabilities
Don’t hold your breath, the release date is not set yet!