Time has come for a new XBMC Live release: XBMC Live 9.04 Babylon b1
As in the previous releases I need to anticipate that NVIDIA and ATI/AMD users may have to struggle to have a working setup, but that’s a limitation of the restricted drivers not being tolerant interms of configuration files. Les’t s hope that this new release will allow an higher number of success stories.
Details about the release:
- Based on Ubuntu Jaunty
- NVIDIA drivers: 180.44 (VDPAU included)
- ATI/AMD drivers: Catalyst 9.4
- Natively supports MCEUSB remotes
- New installer script that allows building of XBMC Live USB bootable disks from any Ubuntu-based system without the need of burning a CD and booting from it.
- New boot script automatically increasing the system audio volume
Finally, the XBMC repositories sources are already configured and the cool script “Aptitude” is included, so updating XBMC to follow the new releases will hopefully be easy – check your disk space!